- Due to the unprecedented level of support for Darkness Into Light this year, we have almost exhausted our supplies of T-shirts at venues across Ireland. We apologise to everyone who won't receive one in time for the walk, and if you have a T-shirt from previous years please feel free to wear it! We will be making provisions to have a 2017 T-shirt available for every registered participant as a keepsake should they wish to receive one after the event, and will post further details on this next week. Thank you all for your continued support. Our work could not continue without you and we are eternally grateful to see this movement grow and grow - even if it runs away from us a little bit sometimes!
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the start time. Please allow time for parking.
- Each participant must have a torch for health and safety reasons.
- There will be no storage for personal items during the event, so please come ready to walk/run.
- Please respect traffic wardens and event signage, and follow instructions on arrival. Help us keep our venues clean and place any litter in bins provided.
- Please feel free to bring along any photos or tributes to loved ones. We will display them in our tent beside the main stage.
- On the night of the walk, please be mindful of small children, buggies, dogs, runners, slower walkers and most importantly be mindful of yourself
- Some Skerries businesses will be open straight after the event for breakfast. These include Storm in a Teacup, Rockabill Restaurant and Aidan O'Brien butchers at the Monument will be serving tea/coffee and sausage sambos
You will once again be able to pick up your t-shirt from the Skerries News office on Thomas Hand st once you have registered and have a print out of your receipt. T-shirts are available to all those who have registered and can provide proof of registration. We will be hosting a small DIL launch this Saturday 22nd April where you will also be able to collect your t-shirt. This will take place from 1pm until 3pm
Please be aware that there will be limited car parking at Skerries Rugby club, Skerries Harps GAA club, the Community Centre Skerries Community College and Skerries Mills . If you can car pool with neighbours and friends then please do so. Please aim to be parked by 3:40am as there will be road closures once the event gets under way.
Got questions about this specific event venue?Click here to contact this venue
Top Fundraising Participants & Teams
Special thanks to the Darkness Into Light participants who have taken the extra step to fundraise and have earned their fundraising badge!