From 400 people at the first Darkness Into Light in 2009 to 130,000 people last year, DIL has become a movement in more ways than one across Ireland and all over the world. We would love you to join us this May!
Saturday, 6th of May 2017
Convent of Mercy Secondry School Gym,
- Due to the unprecedented level of support for Darkness Into Light this year, we have almost exhausted our supplies of T-shirts at venues across Ireland. We apologise to everyone who won't receive one in time for the walk, and if you have a T-shirt from previous years please feel free to wear it! We will be making provisions to have a 2017 T-shirt available for every registered participant as a keepsake should they wish to receive one after the event, and will post further details on this next week. Thank you all for your continued support. Our work could not continue without you and we are eternally grateful to see this movement grow and grow - even if it runs away from us a little bit sometimes!
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the start time. Please allow time for parking.
- Each participant must have a torch for health and safety reasons.
- There will be no storage for personal items during the event, so please come ready to walk/run.
- Please respect traffic wardens and event signage, and follow instructions on arrival. Help us keep our venues clean and place any litter in bins provided.
- As the Walk will be along residential area's, we ask that noise levels be kept low to prevent disturbance to the local residents.
The weather will hopefully be mild but you should wear something warm and bring a light rain jacket just in case! Make sure and bring a small flashlight to help guide along the route!
If possible you should try and carpool, travel together with whoever you are going doing the walk with. This will cut down on the amount of cars for parking.
We are going to run a one way system around the gym on the night, this is to keep traffic moving at a steady pace.
We have four parking areas close to the gym which we are going to use. They are the Convent of Mercy Secondary School grounds, the Sacred Heart Church car parks, the Government Building's car park and the CBS School grounds.
People coming from the Fuerty/Creggs direction will be asked to follow the Lough road around to the Sacred Heart Church and Civic Offices car parks where it is just a short walk to the gym.
People coming from Roscommon town direction, following the Circular road will be directed to the Government Building's car park at the back of the convent. They will enter just past the Convent School.
People coming from the Galway Road direction will be directed to park in the CBS school grounds.
All parking areas will have stewards who will direct you to the direction of the Convent Gym which is just a short distance from each car park.
We ask that you follow the parking instructions to help ease the traffic on the Convent road.
Got questions about this specific event venue?Click here to contact this venue
Top Fundraising Participants & Teams
Special thanks to the Darkness Into Light participants who have taken the extra step to fundraise and have earned their fundraising badge!