From 400 people at the first Darkness Into Light in 2009 to 130,000 people last year, DIL has become a movement in more ways than one across Ireland and all over the world. We would love you to join us this May!
Saturday, 6th of May 2017
Ron Kolbus Lakeside Centre, Britannia Park
- You must register online by April 27th to receive a T-shirt, and you must bring proof of registration (either printed or on your phone).
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the start time. Please allow time for parking.
- Each participant must have a torch for health and safety reasons.
- There will be no storage for personal items during the event, so please come ready to walk/run.
- Please respect traffic wardens and event signage, and follow instructions on arrival. Help us keep our venues clean and place any litter in bins provided.
- We encourage you to carry a picture of a loved one that you may be walking in memory of.
Tea, coffee and baked goods available at Britannia Park Trolley Station immediately after the walk. Please stay and enjoy some light refreshments, sign the Banner of Hope, chat with friends and listen to the speeches.
All funds raised will be split between Pieta House Ireland and our local charity partner, the Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa. Every month YSB serves more than 3,000 young people and their families in the areas of youth housing and homelessness, mental health and counselling, employment, and youth justice. Funds raised through DIL will be directed towards YSB's youth mental health services.
Limited parking available on site, please arrange to car pool where possible.
Got questions about this specific event venue?Click here to contact this venue
Top Fundraising Participants & Teams
Special thanks to the Darkness Into Light participants who have taken the extra step to fundraise and have earned their fundraising badge!