From 400 people at the first Darkness Into Light in 2009 to 130,000 people last year, DIL has become a movement in more ways than one across Ireland and all over the world. We would love you to join us this May!
Saturday, 6th of May 2017
The main carpark on Grange Road (please use the main gate only)
- Due to the unprecedented level of support for Darkness Into Light this year, we have almost exhausted our supplies of T-shirts at venues across Ireland. We apologise to everyone who won't receive one in time for the walk, and if you have a T-shirt from previous years please feel free to wear it! We will be making provisions to have a 2017 T-shirt available for every registered participant as a keepsake should they wish to receive one after the event, and will post further details on this next week. Thank you all for your continued support. Our work could not continue without you and we are eternally grateful to see this movement grow and grow - even if it runs away from us a little bit sometimes!
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the start time. Please allow time for parking.
- Each participant must have a torch for health and safety reasons.
- There will be no storage for personal items during the event, so please come ready to walk/run.
- Please respect traffic wardens and event signage, and follow instructions on arrival. Help us keep our venues clean and place any litter in bins provided.
- Please walk, cycle or carpool as parking is limited near to the venue.
- We will have music on stage from 3.30am and we will start on time at 4.15am sharp.
- Dogs are welcome....on a short lead. Runners should arrive early in order to get a place up the front.
There will be some parking spots held for disabled drivers in Lidl. The route is wheelchair accessible but there are one or two unpaved sections. There are no steps along the route.
Thank you for your support and patience.
Please see PDF map in the FAQ. Parking is permitted on Stonemason's Way, Grange Road, Ballinteer Avenue and Taylor's Lane along with all the car parks on the PDF map.
Got questions about this specific event venue?Click here to contact this venue
Top Fundraising Participants & Teams
Special thanks to the Darkness Into Light participants who have taken the extra step to fundraise and have earned their fundraising badge!