From 400 people at the first Darkness Into Light in 2009 to 130,000 people last year, DIL has become a movement in more ways than one across Ireland and all over the world. We would love you to join us this May!
Saturday, 6th of May 2017
St Josephs National School, Kinvara,
- You must register online by April 27th to receive a T-shirt, and you must bring proof of registration (either printed or on your phone).
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the start time. Please allow time for parking.
- Each participant must have a torch for health and safety reasons.
- There will be no storage for personal items during the event, so please come ready to walk/run.
- Please respect traffic wardens and event signage, and follow instructions on arrival. Help us keep our venues clean and place any litter in bins provided.
- Please join us at the National School after the walk for some light refreshments
Beautiful Kinvara is a picturesque seaside village situated in South County Galway. The village lies close to the Burren region and overlooks the glorious Galway Bay. Our Darkness into Light walk/run will take you through the village along the seafront, over quiet country roads and returning via the historic Dunguaire Castle. Our community in South Galway looks forward to walking/running together into the light.
The 5 kilometer circuit will commence at the Astro pitch at Kinvara National School. Runners and walkers veer leftcoming out of Kinvara National School and proceed down the main street. From there the runners and walkers will continue along the N67 in the direction of Dunguaire Castle. Runners and walkers will then turn onto R367(Ardrahan Road) on their right and from there proceed approx. 1 KM and turn left onto Green Road.They will then proceed to rejoin theN67 at the Green Road junction on the northeast of Dunguaire Castle. The participants will proceed back towards Kinvara village along the N67 until returning to the original starting point at the Astro pitch at Kinvara National School.
Parking at the local GAA pitch and around streets of Kinvara. Car pooling encouraged. Walk if you live lose to the event.
Got questions about this specific event venue?Click here to contact this venue
Top Fundraising Participants & Teams
Special thanks to the Darkness Into Light participants who have taken the extra step to fundraise and have earned their fundraising badge!