From 400 people at the first Darkness Into Light in 2009 to 130,000 people last year, DIL has become a movement in more ways than one across Ireland and all over the world. We would love you to join us this May!
Saturday, 6th of May 2017
Sun Yat Sen Plaza, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong / 香港上环中山公园
- Due to the unprecedented level of support for Darkness Into Light this year, we have almost exhausted our supplies of T-shirts at venues across Ireland. We apologise to everyone who won't receive one in time for the walk, and if you have a T-shirt from previous years please feel free to wear it! We will be making provisions to have a 2017 T-shirt available for every registered participant as a keepsake should they wish to receive one after the event, and will post further details on this next week. Thank you all for your continued support. Our work could not continue without you and we are eternally grateful to see this movement grow and grow - even if it runs away from us a little bit sometimes!
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the start time. Please allow time for parking.
- Each participant must have a torch for health and safety reasons.
- There will be no storage for personal items during the event, so please come ready to walk/run.
- Please respect traffic wardens and event signage, and follow instructions on arrival. Help us keep our venues clean and place any litter in bins provided.
- T-Shirt Collection at the following locations: 請到以下地點領取T恤：Thursday, April 27th Delaney’s Irish Pub, Tsim Sha Tsui 19.00 to 21.00 4月27日 星期四 Delaney’s Irish Pub – 尖沙咀 晚上七時至晚上九時Thursday, May 04th Rula Bula, D’Aguilar Street From 19.00…This night will act as Pre-Party for DIL HK with t-shirt collection, band, DJ, happy hour drinks and a final last push for DIL HK! 5月4日 星期四 Rula Bula –中環德己立街 由晚上七時起，當晚會有步向光明活動前派對，節目包括樂隊、DJ、飲品，並可領取T恤，為步向光明活動前衝刺。Stayed tuned to social media for further updates. 請留意各大社交媒體最新資料報導。T-shirt 會在活動確認後派發，留意各大媒體的公佈The Darkness into Light Hong Kong Committee invite all participants, volunteers, supporters, beneficiaries, sponsors and friends to an informal evening of drinks on Saturday May 06th from 20.00 at Shore, 3rd and 4th Floor, the L. place, 139 Queen’s Road Central, Hong.The management of Shore have kindly agreed to donate 30% from the evenings takings to Darkness into Light and it's beneficiary charities, Pieta House Ireland and The Samaritan Befrienders.Please stop by and meet all those who helped stage the first ever Darkness into Light in Hong Kong and those who helped raise the significant issue of suicide awareness in this city. Much to be celebrated at the culmination of a lot of hard work and enjoyment by many over the previous weeks and months.Darkness into Light Hong Kong wish to say a MASSIVE thank you to all to helped to contribute in any way possible!步向光明 – 香港之委員現誠意邀請各位參加者、義工、支援人員、受助人士、贊助人及其朋友，在一起參與在五月六日（星期六）下午八時舉行之慶功聚會，地點：香港中環皇后大道中139號 The L. place, 三樓及四樓，The ShoreThe Shore 現答應捐助當晚慶功聚會收入的30%與步向光明之受助機構、Pieta House Ireland及協助機構香港撒瑪利亞防止自殺會感謝各位對第一屆步向光明 – 香港之協助，讓活動順利完成，敬希是次活動能喚醒大家對有自殺或自殘傾向之人仕伸請援手。更感謝各位在數星期以來一直的辛苦的付出。步向光明 – 香港非常感激各位對是次活動的無限付出及參與，多謝各位！
The first ever Darkness into Light in Hong Kong in 2017 sees Pieta House, Ireland partnering with local beneficiary, The Samaritan Befrienders to promote the message of suicide awareness and prevention throughout Hong Kong.
Got questions about this specific event venue?Click here to contact this venue
Top Fundraising Participants & Teams
Special thanks to the Darkness Into Light participants who have taken the extra step to fundraise and have earned their fundraising badge!