From 400 people at the first Darkness Into Light in 2009 to 130,000 people last year, DIL has become a movement in more ways than one across Ireland and all over the world. We would love you to join us this May!
Saturday, 6th of May 2017
The Old School Carrick/Sean Scoil na Carraige
- Due to the unprecedented level of support for Darkness Into Light this year, we have almost exhausted our supplies of T-shirts at venues across Ireland. We apologise to everyone who won't receive one in time for the walk, and if you have a T-shirt from previous years please feel free to wear it! We will be making provisions to have a 2017 T-shirt available for every registered participant as a keepsake should they wish to receive one after the event, and will post further details on this next week. Thank you all for your continued support. Our work could not continue without you and we are eternally grateful to see this movement grow and grow - even if it runs away from us a little bit sometimes!
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the start time. Please allow time for parking.
- Each participant must have a torch for health and safety reasons.
- There will be no storage for personal items during the event, so please come ready to walk/run.
- Please respect traffic wardens and event signage, and follow instructions on arrival. Help us keep our venues clean and place any litter in bins provided.
- This scenic route is along a paved thoroughfare as well as country roads, please come prepared.
-The Course: Start/End at The Old School in Carrick/Sean Scoil na Carraige. Over the Carrick Bridge, turn right out the line, around Roxboro bend. Cross over the dry bridge onto Jimmy's Lane. Turn left down Bogagh Hill and back into Carrick Village.
-Tea and coffee will be served at The Old School after the event.
-Pieta House is encouraging online registration to avoid cash being handled on site so please register online. The dates below are for t-shirt collection (bring proof of registration) and for those that cannot register online. ***T-SHIRTS ARE ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS AND CANNOT BE GUARANTEED AFTER THESE DATES***
PRE- REGISTRATION Dates for Carrick DIL:
Saturday 8 April, 10am-12pm, The Old School, CARRICK.
Saturday 8 April, 1-2pm, Colaiste Aodh Mhic Bhricne, TEELIN.
Saturday 8 April, 3-5pm, the Bay View Hotel Lobby, KILLYBEGS.
Monday 10 April, 6pm-7:30pm, Halla Mhuire, GLEN.
Monday 10 April, 8pm-9pm, Aislann Centre, KILCAR.
Tuesday 18 April, 7-9pm, Nesbitt Arms, ARDARA.
Monday 24 April, 2-3pm, O'Donnell's, MEENANEARY.
Monday 24 April, 6-7pm, Halla Mhuire, GLEN.
Monday 24 April, 7:30-9pm, Aislann Centre, KILCAR.
Wednesday 26 April, 1-1:30, Errigal Fish Factory, MEENANEARY. (Staff only)
Wednesday 26 April, 6-8pm, The Old School, CARRICK.
Tuesday 2 May, 6-7pm, The Old School, CARRICK
Wednesday 3 May, 7:30-8:30pm, The Bay View, KILLYBEGS
NEW! Thursday 4 May, 7-8pm, The Aislann Centre, KILCAR
Carpooling is strongly advised as spaces may be limited.* The following three car parks are available for DIL:
-Colaiste na Carraige (The Tech)
-The Carrick Health Centre/Day Care Centre
-Údàras na Gaeltacht
*Carrick Car Park will be CLOSED as it is event gathering point.
Please note the DIL route is along the main road so ACCESS TO CAR PARKS WILL BE CLOSED PROMPTLY AT 3:45am, no exceptions, for the safety and enjoyment of all participants. If you arrive after 3:45am it will be approximately a 1.5 km (12 minute) walk to the Start line.
Got questions about this specific event venue?Click here to contact this venue
Top Fundraising Participants & Teams
Special thanks to the Darkness Into Light participants who have taken the extra step to fundraise and have earned their fundraising badge!