From 400 people at the first Darkness Into Light in 2009 to 130,000 people last year, DIL has become a movement in more ways than one across Ireland and all over the world. We would love you to join us this May!
Saturday, 6th of May 2017
The Old School Carrick/Sean Scoil na Carraige
- You must register online by April 27th to receive a T-shirt, and you must bring proof of registration (either printed or on your phone).
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the start time. Please allow time for parking.
- Each participant must have a torch for health and safety reasons.
- There will be no storage for personal items during the event, so please come ready to walk/run.
- Please respect traffic wardens and event signage, and follow instructions on arrival. Help us keep our venues clean and place any litter in bins provided.
- REGISTRATION BEGINS IN MARCH. We will provide in-person assistance with online registration on several dates throughout South West Donegal. Stay tuned for dates and locations!
-The Course: Start/End at The Old School in Carrick/Sean Scoil na Carraige. Over the Carrick Bridge, turn right out the line, around Roxboro bend. Cross over the dry bridge onto Jimmy's Lane. Turn left down Bogagh Hill and back into Carrick Village.
-Tea and coffee will be served at The Old School after the event.
Carpooling is strongly advised as spaces may be limited.* The following three car parks are available for DIL:
-Colaiste na Carraige (The Tech)
-The Carrick Health Centre/Day Care Centre
-Údàras na Gaeltacht
*Carrick Car Park will be CLOSED as it is event gathering point.
Please note the DIL route is along the main road so ACCESS TO CAR PARKS WILL BE CLOSED PROMPTLY AT 3:45am, no exceptions, for the safety and enjoyment of all participants. If you arrive after 3:45am it will be approximately a 1.5 km (12 minute) walk to the Start line.
Got questions about this specific event venue?Click here to contact this venue
Top Fundraising Participants & Teams
Special thanks to the Darkness Into Light participants who have taken the extra step to fundraise and have earned their fundraising badge!