From 400 people at the first Darkness Into Light in 2009 to 130,000 people last year, DIL has become a movement in more ways than one across Ireland and all over the world. We would love you to join us this May!
Saturday, 6th of May 2017
UQ Sport, Athletics Centre, University of Queensland, St. Lucia.
- You must register online by April 27th to receive a T-shirt, and you must bring proof of registration (either printed or on your phone).
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the start time. Please allow time for parking.
- Each participant must have a torch for health and safety reasons.
- There will be no storage for personal items during the event, so please come ready to walk/run.
- Please respect traffic wardens and event signage, and follow instructions on arrival. Help us keep our venues clean and place any litter in bins provided.
Brisbane's Darkness into Light is returning to UQ for its 3rd year and promises to be a morning to remember. Put on your walking shoes, enjoy the beautiful riverside track and help us to share the light. Our route takes us 2.5km along the river road of Sir William MacGregor Dr with a turn around point at College rd and back along the same path to return to the Athletics Centre again for tea/coffee and refreshments
Car: If traveling up Sir Fred Schnell Drive. Turn left at the first roundabout and there we are on the right. If traveling from the opposite direction travel along the river road, Sir William MacGregor Drive, to the end and you will see the Athletics Centre on your left.
Parking: There is ample free parking available on the University grounds. Our friendly volunteers will help guide you to the most appropriate parking facility opposite our venue.
Black and White cabs (131008)
Yellow Cabs (132227)
Got questions about this specific event venue?Click here to contact this venue
Top Fundraising Participants & Teams
Special thanks to the Darkness Into Light participants who have taken the extra step to fundraise and have earned their fundraising badge!