From 400 people at the first Darkness Into Light in 2009 to 130,000 people last year, DIL has become a movement in more ways than one across Ireland and all over the world. We would love you to join us this May!
Saturday, 6th of May 2017
St. Josephs Hall, Boyle, Co. Roscommon
- You must register online by April 27th to receive a T-shirt, and you must bring proof of registration (either printed or on your phone).
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the start time. Please allow time for parking.
- Each participant must have a torch for health and safety reasons.
- There will be no storage for personal items during the event, so please come ready to walk/run.
- Please respect traffic wardens and event signage, and follow instructions on arrival. Help us keep our venues clean and place any litter in bins provided.
- Start Area: You will be called to the start area from 4:00am. The start point will be clearly marked. Please co-operate with our stewards, they are there for your safety. No one will be allowed into the start area before this time. Please take your time and be mindful of those around you.
- T-Shirts Will be available for collection from 3:00am and two pre-registration events a fortnight before but will not be given out after 4:00am. Please bring your online confirmation with you as proof of registration. Any participant who has not received their t-shirt before the event may collect it after the race if available .
- At The Finish Please keep going as you pass the finish line. The Stuarts will guide you to the refreshments. You are welcome to stay and chat a while.
Please note the number of toilets will be limited so please consider those in the queue behind you.
Money and Valuables
Please leave all valuables at home and bring only small amount of money with you. Pieta House will not be responsible for any loss or damage to goods or property. Please come ready to walk or run.
Water will be available at the finish point only.
Children are very welcome at the event. For their enjoyment and safety they should remain with parents at all times. We would prefer if you left the bicycles/roller-skates and roller-blades at home.
Dogs must be on a leash and controlled at all times, please clean up after your dog.
There is a number of different locations available for parking in the vicinity of the town hall. These locations will be listed on our Facebook page. Please find a link to our Facebook page below.
Got questions about this specific event venue?Click here to contact this venue
Top Fundraising Participants & Teams
Special thanks to the Darkness Into Light participants who have taken the extra step to fundraise and have earned their fundraising badge!