From 400 people at the first Darkness Into Light in 2009 to 130,000 people last year, DIL has become a movement in more ways than one across Ireland and all over the world. We would love you to join us this May!
Saturday, 6th of May 2017
Coláiste Muire, Ballymote, Co. Sligo
- You must register online by April 27th to receive a T-shirt, and you must bring proof of registration (either printed or on your phone).
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the start time. Please allow time for parking.
- Each participant must have a torch for health and safety reasons.
- There will be no storage for personal items during the event, so please come ready to walk/run.
- Please respect traffic wardens and event signage, and follow instructions on arrival. Help us keep our venues clean and place any litter in bins provided.
- Please note, there is no parking at Coláiste Muire, or the approach to the school. Please follow signs for car parking at various points around the town of Ballymote.
The walk will take the following route:
Start at Coláiste Muire, turn right out the gate. Down the hill past Spraoi Childcare Centre. At Scoil Mhuire gan Smál National School, turn right into Marren Park. Continue past the school playground, and with the Health Centre on your right, turn left into Marren Park. At the end of Marren Park, turn left around Corran College, then right and right again at the pedestrian lights.
Opposite the Art Deco Theatre, turn left behind the courthouse and past Ballymote Aurivo Mart. At the end of the road, turn right, and when in front of Ulster Bank, turn left.
Go down the hill, and at the roundabout outside Rogers Hardware, turn right onto Gurteen Road. Turn into the Town Park and walk through, past Ballymote Castle, through the tunnel, through Irish Rail car park into the remainder of the Town Park. Follow the path through the park, past the bandstand and out to the Sligo Road.
Turn left and walk to the Aurivo Homeland Store on the left. Cross the road into the grounds of Brother Walfrid Park at the Astro Pitch. Go to the track around Corran Park and do one lap.
Exit Br Walfrid Park and turn left back towards town centre. Walk past Stonepark, and continue along the footpath, back past the Costcutter shop, Casey's pharmacy, the Courthouse, the Art Deco, Scoil Mhuire Gan Smál and Spraoi to finish outside Coláiste Muire.
There will be NO parking at Coláiste Muire, or on Pearse Road (leading up to the venue). Car Parks will be available at various points into and out of Ballymote, and will be clearly signposted and marshalled on the night. Check back here in the weeks leading up to May 6th for more information on where best to park on the night.
Got questions about this specific event venue?Click here to contact this venue
Top Fundraising Participants & Teams
Special thanks to the Darkness Into Light participants who have taken the extra step to fundraise and have earned their fundraising badge!