From 400 people at the first Darkness Into Light in 2009 to 130,000 people last year, DIL has become a movement in more ways than one across Ireland and all over the world. We would love you to join us this May!
Saturday, 6th of May 2017
The Emerald Ballroom, McNevin Ave, Ballinasloe
- You must register online by April 27th to receive a T-shirt, and you must bring proof of registration (either printed or on your phone).
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the start time. Please allow time for parking.
- Each participant must have a torch for health and safety reasons.
- There will be no storage for personal items during the event, so please come ready to walk/run.
- Please respect traffic wardens and event signage, and follow instructions on arrival. Help us keep our venues clean and place any litter in bins provided.
- Please ensure all dogs are on a short lead and well behaved. Dark coloured dogs should wear a Hi-Viz or bright coat or bandana. Please ensure that you clean up after your pets
The Shearwater Hotel is once again sponsoring refreshments for after the walk as well as opening at 5.30am for a full breakfast at a reduced price. Carrying on to the Shearwater after the tea and chat in the Emerald was a great way to continue the vibe and camaraderie of the event last year and we look forward to the same in 2017.
There is ample parking adjacent to the Emerald Ballroom as well as on Society Street and the Town Square
Got questions about this specific event venue?Click here to contact this venue
Top Fundraising Participants & Teams
Special thanks to the Darkness Into Light participants who have taken the extra step to fundraise and have earned their fundraising badge!