From 400 people at the first Darkness Into Light in 2009 to 130,000 people last year, DIL has become a movement in more ways than one across Ireland and all over the world. We would love you to join us this May!
Saturday, 6th of May 2017
St. Nathys College, Ballaghaderreen
- Due to the unprecedented level of support for Darkness Into Light this year, we have almost exhausted our supplies of T-shirts at venues across Ireland. We apologise to everyone who won't receive one in time for the walk, and if you have a T-shirt from previous years please feel free to wear it! We will be making provisions to have a 2017 T-shirt available for every registered participant as a keepsake should they wish to receive one after the event, and will post further details on this next week. Thank you all for your continued support. Our work could not continue without you and we are eternally grateful to see this movement grow and grow - even if it runs away from us a little bit sometimes!
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the start time. Please allow time for parking.
- Each participant must have a torch for health and safety reasons.
- There will be no storage for personal items during the event, so please come ready to walk/run.
- Please respect traffic wardens and event signage, and follow instructions on arrival. Help us keep our venues clean and place any litter in bins provided.
- You will be called to the start area for the walk from 4am. No access to the start area will be permitted before this time and the start point will be clearly marked. Please co-operate with our stewards and volunteers, they are present and assisting for the purposes of your safety. Please proceed steadily and carefully around the route, take your time and please be mindful and keep an eye out for others around you. T-shirts will be available for collection strictly between the times of 3am and 4am. Please ensure to bring your online confirmation with you as proof of registration. Any participant who has registered but not received their t-shirt before 4am may collect it after the race.
- Toilet facilities: Please note the number of toilets at the venue are limited so please consider those in the queue behind you. Parents: Children are very welcome at the event. For their enjoyment and safety they should remain with you at all times. We must insist for health and safety reasons that bicycles/roller-skates and or roller blades are not brought to the walk. Dog Owners: Dogs are also welcome on the walk but must be on a leash and controlled at all times. Please clean up after your dog.
- First Aid: The Irish Red Cross will be present at the venue and will provide ambulance cover where necessary. Water Stations will be available at the finish point only. Money and Valuables: Please leave all valuables at home. Pieta House cannot accept any responsibility for any loss or damage to goods or property. Please come ready to walk or run. Please keep going when you pass the finish line. The Stewards will guide to the refreshments. You are welcome to stay and chat a while.
Parking is available around the town itself or in the Grounds of St.Nathy's Cathedral or Market yard on the Charlestown road.
Please note for Health and Safety reasons, there will be no parking available to the general public in the grounds of the School or Sports Hall.
Got questions about this specific event venue?Click here to contact this venue
Top Fundraising Participants & Teams
Special thanks to the Darkness Into Light participants who have taken the extra step to fundraise and have earned their fundraising badge!